Email marketing – the perfect way to communicate with your customers
Email marketing allows you to communicate directly with your prospects as often as you like virtually free of charge.
By providing regular valuable content you can demonstrate your expertise and build a relationship over time allowing prospects to respond when they’re ready to buy.
Due to its immediacy, you can also communicate short term tactical things such as seasonal promotions and special offers.
The key elements you must get right are:
- The subject line – this is what determines whether the email is opened or not.
- The structure – does the email lead you by the hand through the content, keeping you involved and engaged.
- The call to action – is the reader absolutely clear what they should do next.
However there are a few other points which will also determine your success:
- Is the content fresh, original and interesting?
- Email marketing should be a regular, on-going commitment. It’s no use sending a couple of emails and then stopping. You need to be in it for the long haul.
- The quality of your list is also of vital importance. If you have an opted in, GDPR compliant list you will get high open rates and sales. If however you’ve got a bought list, open rates and sales will be much lower.